Crispy! Serve with tartar sauce. You can cut into small pieces before breading so the kids can eat like nuggets. You can also deep fry,, stays crispy for packing in a lunch or picnic!
- 3 lbs tilapia fillets, about 10
- 1/3 cup flour, for dusting fish
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- canola oil, to cover bottom of large pan
- Salt and pepper fish.
- Dust fillets with 1/3 cup of flour.
- Mix egg with buttermilk in one bowl.
- Mix flour, corn meal, baking soda and baking powder, Old Bay in another bowl.
- Dip all floured fish into egg then flour mixture.
- Heat oil medium-high in large pan.
- Fry, turning after 2 minutes on each side.
- Salt as soon as you take out of pan.
- Should be done in three batches.